I know. It’s no excuse. Cdog and I have failed our blog once again. I am pretty sure the same thing happened this time, last year. I know Christen has been away most weekends since October. I have not been away, but slammed pack with activities. It’s that time of year, I guess. However, I wanted to let you all know that we are sorry. We are. We won’t let this happen again (we probably will).
For now, we leave you with this.
Jelly meat from Russia. Just because we love you.
If we don’t blog again before the holidays, Happy Holidays!
Here is my favorite cookie and a recipe for it. What is your favorite cookie? Share in the comments!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
*To ensure recipe success, do not use self-rising flour in this recipe.